Frequently Asked Questions
1. What kind of charging station is Kirana Charzer?
Kirana Charzer is a 3.3 kW AC Charging Station.
2. Which kind of vehicles can be charged using the Kirana Charzer?
It can charge Electric two wheelers, three wheelers and four wheelers.
3. How many vehicles can be charged from Kirana Charzer at a time?
Kirana Charzer comes with a single output of 3.3 kW. It can support charging on onevehicle at a time.
4. Can customer know the charge status (SoC) of the battery or vehicle?
Charzer app or Kirana Charzer do not display the charge status of the battery or vehicle currently. We plan to add it inthe future versions. Until then, the customer can check the dashboard of their vehicle to get the charge status of thebattery.
5. How should the customer connect the vehicle to the charging station?
Customer needs to book a session for charging using the Charzer app. After reaching the charging station, customer needs to use the app to start the charging station. 2-wheelers and 3-wheelers need to connect their portable adapters to the charging station to charge their vehicle (The portable adapters are a mandatory accessory with any EV purchase). 4-wheelers can use the charging cable they received with the vehicle to connect to the charging station.After completing the charging session, customers can turn off the charging station using the app.
6. What safety features are included in the Kirana Charzer?
Kirana Charzer includes Over Current, Under Current, Over Voltage, Under Voltage and short circuit protection.
7. Will customer’s battery overcharge?
Kirana Charzer does not have an auto cut-off other than in case of short circuit. However, the BMS and power adapter which come with customer’s vehicle support auto cut-off to avoid overcharging.
8. Will I need an internet connection for the Kirana Charzer?
No, you don’t need a separate internet connection for Kirana Charzer.
9. Can customer book a slot in advance?
Yes, customer can book slots in advance.
10. Will the slot be booked only after making online payment?
Yes, the charging slot can only be booked after making a payment.
11. What happens if the customer comes later than booking start time?
It’s the customer’s responsibility to reach the charging station at the correct time. The charging station will not start charging until the customer has reached the location and turned on the charging station using the app. However, customer will only be able to charge for the duration of their slot and no extension will be provided.
12. What happens if the customer comes after his slot is finished?
If a customer doesn’t arrive at the reserved slot duration, no refund is provided.
13. Does the charging station owner get an alert about the booking?
No, they don’t get an alert. However, they can track the bookings using the app. However, the owners are not responsible or involved in the process of booking.
14. What all data points can be monitored at the Central Monitoring System?
Central Monitoring System stores information about Booking, Transactions, Utilisation, Failure. If you take a separate internet connection for Kirana Charzer, the power availability information is available in real time.
15. What is the length of the power cord, or that is the function of the vehicle, we give a power socket?
Kirana Charzer provides a socket. Wired Extensions can be given as an on-demand accessory at extra cost.
16. Is there any subsidy provided by the government for this charger?
Yes, Government of India and Karnataka is giving rebates on high expense DC fast chargers which costs more than Rs. 10 lakh. They are not subsidizing low cost AC charging stations.
17. Is there any permission required from the GOI for hosting the charger?
Anyone with a commercial electricity connection can host a public charger as per BESCOM. You do not require an NOC from them. We don't have an NOC from BESCOM.
18. What is the ROI per charger?
With average cost of per hour charging of Rs. 25, host recovers their investment in 7.5-8 months with a daily utilisation of 15% which is 3.6 hr a day. With 10% utilisation, host recovers investment within 10-11 months. (Commercial unit price of Rs.9.5 is considered)
19. What is the life cycle of the product?
The expected life cycle is more than 5 years under the rational circumstances.